Our society has us confused at the heart level. We are adjusted to walking around with our hearts capped by iron. I have been lucky enough to free my heart free and gain more confidence because of it. I am no therapist. I am no doctor. I am a regular woman who is living through life’s debris with my heart open and free.
I didn’t get here alone. I didn’t get here without work. And here is not the end goal. If you can unlock your heart, the life you always wanted can begin to form.
Big Five to Unlock Your Heart
- Journal – This take back your heart activity is top of the list because it works! Quiet yourself. Find a small amount of time. Commit to consistency, and write your heart free. It is the cheapest form of therapy, you’ll ever get for the best rewards to come. Unlock your heart open with pen and paper!
- Careful speech – It’s so easy to respond with quick words. It’s usually natural, and many of us mean nothing more than entertainment for ourselves. Problem here, a quick tongue creates gloss over damage to hearts, yours and others. I learned this from my oldest daughter who I’m trying to convince to live a better life. We love, but our communication is difficult. During one of our disagreements, she lashed out at me and said, “you don’t know how you sound when you say things to people!” The event was bad, but the lesson was worth it. I’m not completely cured, but since then, I have gained much more from slowing my tongue. What we speak ignite others, we need to make sure it’s good for our hearts sake. If we can slow-down our verbal responses, this will give space for the heart to melt steel. Click To Tweet
- Seek gentle understanding – Before we assume or expect, it is far better for hearts involved to respectfully learn what is really happening. I know this sounds like I’m instructing kindergartner’s. Whenever we behave without understanding, it’s likely, we will become kindergartner’s. Avoid this by allowing facts to be revealed before positioning yourself or boxing others into what you think they are. This keeps the heart clear, and free!
- Imagine it was you – Seeing ourselves in others is always helpful. It allows empathy to rise. Once you can imagine yourself in another situation it gives you an opportunity to feel without actually living consequences, or gaining if the situation is good. This is one of life’s greatest bargains. It also keeps the heart soft, so that it’s difficult to pin under iron-clad.
- Listen to great leaders of the past – Staying inspired is part of our work. It is the “I” in R.I.D (renew -inspire-discover). When we hear from people of the past, we find heart connection. While many things are vastly different, the human spirit is constant. We face many of the same personal challenges. We are blessed with tools to tap into past treasures. Find some. Learning from ones who were here before give us a leg up. Otherwise, we are starting from scratch. Why should we do that? We have some help, take it. Inspiration resonates in the heart. Let your heart free!
We hope you like our Big Five unlock your Heart Tips. It’s not typical to get them all at once. If you are someone who is looking to shift things around in your life, try one or two. Pay attention to positive outcomes, it’s sure to happen. If you are someone who is already doing some of these practices, try ones you are not doing. People who do all of these can attest to a free-hearted lifestyle that is worth cultivating.
[social_sharing style=”style-11″ fb_like_url=”https://www.facebook.com/Vayscape-478669345539410/” fb_color=”light” fb_lang=”en_US” fb_text=”recommend” fb_button_text=”Share” tw_lang=”en” tw_url=”https://firstname.lastname@example.org” tw_button_text=”Share” g_lang=”en-GB” g_button_text=”Share” alignment=”center”]